So many women I work with deal with Postpartum Fatigue. Unfortunately, when they speak to their doctors their exhaustion is brushed off with the label of “Motherhood.” Motherhood is not a diagnosis. And if your doctor said this to you, then it’s time to find a new doctor.
Though the sleep of our little ones can impact our energy, it should not be something we deal with every single day. This is not normal and often we CAN find the root cause and get you back to feeling like YOU again!
Fatigue can have a significant impact on your daily life. It can make it difficult to complete your daily tasks, stay focused and engaged, and even affect your mood. When we’re feeling fatigued, it’s difficult for us to be the best version of ourselves that our loved ones and WE deserve.
In this blog post, we will discuss five tips to help you feel more energized throughout the day but make sure you read till the end to see what might still be missing and a FREE offering!
5 TIPS TO INCREASE ENERGY LEVELS
- Prioritize Sleep: Getting enough sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your overall health and energy levels. It’s important to create a relaxing bedtime routine to help you wind down before sleep, such as taking a warm bath, reading a book, or practicing meditation. If you’re someone who’s feeling tired all day but then struggle to sleep, this is likely an adrenal issue and something we want to dig deeper into. If your child is having sleep struggles, it may be a good idea to see someone about that so they can sleep peacefully which will help you sleep peacefully. One of my colleagues, Dr. Elana Roumell has an amazing membership program that you can start with for your kids but I also have found craniosacral therapy to do wonders for kids!
- Stay Hydrated: Dehydration can cause fatigue, so it’s important to drink enough water throughout the day. Aim for at least 80 oz of water per day, and more if you’re active or live in a hot climate. Taking some electrolytes like LMNT or PiqueLife and simply adding sea salt to filtered water can also be helpful to make sure you’re getting your trace minerals!
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Eating a balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, clean protein, and healthy fats can provide you with the energy you need to get through the day. Avoid processed foods and sugary snacks, as they can cause spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels, leading to fatigue. Instead, focus on eating nutrient-dense foods that provide sustained energy, such as nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- Get Moving: Physical activity is a great way to boost your energy levels. A short walk or stretching session can help improve circulation, increase oxygen flow to the brain, and release endorphins, which can improve your mood and energy levels. Depending on the level of fatigue you’re experiencing, high intensity workouts may not be right for you and may be making things worse.
- Manage Stress: Chronic stress can lead to fatigue and burnout, so it’s important to manage your stress levels to maintain high energy levels. You can do this by engaging in non-sleep rest like deep breathing, yoga, or meditation, and by prioritizing self-care activities. It’s also important to set realistic goals and manage your workload to prevent feeling overwhelmed and set boundaries around work and with people.
There can be many potential causes of low energy, including lack of sleep, stress, poor diet, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalances, adrenal dysfunction, and/or gut dysfunction. These tips are a great place to start but if you’re still feeling fatigued, we may want to dig deeper.
I created a masterclass on increasing energy levels that is specifically designed to help you identify the root causes of your fatigue and provide you with the tools and strategies to boost your energy naturally!
We’ll discuss lab assessments to identify nutrient deficiencies, hormone imbalances, and gut dysfunction and you’ll get the inside scoop on specific nutrition and lifestyle recommendations based on what the root cause of your fatigue is. We will also discuss specific supplementation and herbal medicine to get you MORE ENERGY for MORE LIVING!
Say goodbye to fatigue and hello to sustained energy throughout your day! Sign up now for the masterclass on increasing energy levels and take the first step towards a more vibrant, energized life.